Saturday, October 5, 2013

Tribute to Gwen


A tribute to Gwen Gibson, polymer clay artist extraordinaire, who passed away on Sept 24. I was fortunate to spend some of the most memorable times of my life with Gwen. I visited her workshop in France one year and attended a most memorable week-long workshop on Whidbey Island as well as countless other classes. These images are from photos I took when in France with Gwen. I collaged them into prints back when printmaking was part of my everyday life.

Gwen was elegance and eloquence. A beloved teacher, a friend, an incomparable artistic voice that will be sadly forever missed. I'm sure that heaven welcomed her with open arms. I hope to see her again when I go to that Great Art Retreat in the Sky someday. Some of my other friends who've also passed are saving me a good seat. It's gonna be great . . .

See another tribute to Gwen at www.polymerartarchive.com

No comments:

Post a Comment