Sunday, July 28, 2013

Recycled Patterns



…dear blog, it's so hard to let go of things. How do you stop? Recently while going through a pile of mail and sorting out what to keep and file and what to shred, I accumulated a pile of paper to be recycled, with envelopes and various cardstock flyers and other miscellaneous paper. Well it's really hard for me to look at the recycling and not want to slap some gesso on there and then paint them all with pretty patterns. OMG it's hard to let go and just recycle them. But if you don't draw the line somewhere then the next thing you know you're saving candy wrappers and looking discretely at the big recycle bin in the apartment building to see what else has been tossed out by someone else. Help me! someone just help me! Mothers, don't let your children grow up to be artists. They'll never have another clear surface anywhere in their lives. So far I'm resisting these wild ideas and still painting on (regular?) wc and various graph and ledger papers. Here's a few more patterns. And let me just say the SEWN class is awesome and I'm loving every minute!

1 comment:

  1. Very nice Jann. I am loving the Sewn class a lot too.

    ReplyDelete