Monday, December 3, 2012

Details Pending

Outlines of a life still being filled in - details pending. That's what I was thinking about when working on this painting, how details of the work at hand were not yet completed. I thought it was all about the painting, but then sitting back and looking at it from some distance I realized it really applied to my life as well, because I'm still reinventing myself and there's details I can't even see yet, have not even thought of yet and isn't that what a Good Life is all about? So that's how not being done is an ongoing thing, with any luck it will never be done and you'll always be thinking of something else to add, just a few more touches here and there. So how do you know when a piece of artwork is done? I say . . . when you get interested in something else

No comments:

Post a Comment